[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Wed Feb 28 21:22:19 PST 2007

>As far as i can see, for us in Winter's Gate here in Fairbanks
>Alaska, we do list ingredients.  For Cornet, we listed them also.
>There are many different food allergies and for that we make sure
>that we list all the ingredients.  We do not neccesarily give the
>full recipe, unless it is for a competition and there for must show
>the source to make sure it is  period etc.... but with allergies like
>onions, we need to make sure that we list them.  Onion allergies can
>manifest with other foods of the same type so we list it all.  Mainly
>what i do is use a nice piece of home made paper, and i scribe them
>in a nice easy to read scribe calligraphy.
>
>I just think it is my responsibility in case of allergies.  I do not
>write out the recipe, so if someone wants the recipe, then they can
>ask me about it.
>
>Marion of Winter's Gate
>Frozen land of the North

And speaking as another from Winter's Gate, I forgot my recipe for
the potluck feast at our last event, but we're so small we pretty
much know the regulars' allegeries. So I told the baron he couldn't
eat mine (wheat) and the baroness and prince they could (no onions).
No pistachios or horseradish made it safe for another.

But it only works for SMALL groups...

Morgana yr Oerfa
--
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy
is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do. --Savielly