[Sca-cooks] Cheese Poll

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Feb 7 07:19:12 PST 2007

The best cheeses I've had lately have all been of British or French origin.
There was a lovely Welsh cheese with ale and whole-grained mustard in it,
and some Wensleydale, and a French triple-cream cheese that was more like
the best brie I'd ever had than anything (all soft and oozy, with that white
outer crust).
I would imagine, though, that it would depend quite distinctly on what kind
of cheese you're after, and what you want it for.  In the examples above, I
was distinctly going after munchable cheeses, and not ones for any
particular recipe.  The Welsh cheese *was* really lovely in a sandwich with
the end of the Christmas ham....mmmmm.....I'm with De on that one!
Cheeses I generally have at home are Parmesan, Asiago, and Pepper-Jack, if
that's any help.
--Maire