[Sca-cooks] Period German menus

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 20:16:13 PST 2007

Im on digest, but had this forwarded to me (thanks
Johnnae)

If you have Rumpolt you have A TON of menus.  The
entire first section, pages 11 through 42, has menus.

I webbed a very rough on the fly translation of his
four banquets for kings at:
http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_ASkings1.htm

I used selections from that to base a feast on in
2000, that feast with recipes is also webbed.  Rumpolt
also hasamong several others: banquets for Emperors,
banquets for lords, even 'banquets for farmers' though
these last I belive should be taken with a large grain
of salt.

For most he has an early and a late meal on a meat day
and an early and a late meal on a fast day.

Please feel free to include a direct cc if you would
like more input from me (due to the digest delay.)

In Service
Gwen Cat
Outlands