[Sca-cooks] German feast

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Feb 12 22:04:37 PST 2007

>Heck, in our kingdom, we don't even do "bids" on feasts. The autocrat
>asks a cook, or a cook volunteers to an autocrat. There usually isn't
>a competition to cook a feast, or in the case that more than one
>person offers, the first person to reach the autocrat, if known to be
>a decent cook, gets the job.

My job keeps me from being very active any more, I work Saturdays and
on the night of the weekly meetings.  For years I was told the people
doing feast had a team and didn't need help.  For the last three
years, I washed dishes, just to be in the kitchen and to be seen as
dependable.  I'm trying to earn that reputation as "known to be a
decent cook" when they don't seem to want to let the girl in the
wheelchair hold a knife.

And as for the level of detail, I already HAD the menu and
spreadsheet, that I did a couple of years ago. I just updated the
menu and checked out prices and brought them up to date.

I updated the menu, redid the spreadsheet to reflect the new menu,
and wrote up the other information.

At work, I have training M-F for the next three weeks, which means
weekends off for a change, and I get to go to the event next weekend.

I'm planning to bring the Hungarian torte, which seems more like
strudel dough or homemade phyllo than puff pastry.

Ranvaig