[Sca-cooks] Brown rice syrup?

rattkitten rattkitten at hughes.net
Sat Feb 24 20:10:16 PST 2007

I have used it quite a lot.  It is a very valid and tasty Sucrose
substitute.  We subbed it in for most cases where you would use corn
syrup.  It cooks basically the same.  It also can sub in for sugar of
course but is trickier to use in batters and such as it is a syrup and
not granulated.  We used it in a Gingerbread house so that my ex could
actually work with the cooking and construction.  (She would have very
bad reactions to sucrose.)  What was nice about it was that it was
natural and not the little packets.

Nichola