[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 25 16:43:21 PST 2007

Sue Clemenger wrote:

>Well, it's darned common in *this* part of the ambiguous north (Montana, aka
>northern Artemisia).  Posted lists of ingredients (on a website, local list,
>on sheets available at the event, etc.) are good, quick ways for someone
>with allergies or dislikes to be able to make decisions about event
>attendance/food consumption--easier than calling someone you might not be
>able to get a hold of, etc.

If you've managed to book for the event, you've effectively contacted
me, since the steward will record the information.  And I am very
contactable by email. And I do not want people to be excluded from
feasts by health issues if I can possibly avoid it.

>I gotta admit, though, why the reluctance to post ingredients? Surely if
>you're doing a feast in a couple of months, you've got the menu nailed down,
>so it's not like you don't know what dishes you'll be cooking? Your event
>steward is, I venture to say, not intending this to be any sort of
>unnecessary hoop-jumping, but, rather, ensuring that everyone has the
>information they need for ensuring the best possible time at your April
>event.

I have the menu more or less worked out, but I make decisions about
things like what fruit and vegetables to serve based on what's in the
shop on the day, and I make decisions about alternate dishes based on need.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?