[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 25 19:36:00 PST 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 7:38 PM, Adele de Maisieres wrote:

> Nick Sasso wrote:
>> I tend to shudder at what a Duke would tell me if he had approved
>> a Feast
>> menu for St. Benedict's Day only to find I gypsy-switched the
>> local young
>> lamb brewet with some inexpensive beef tongue I found in the market.
>>
> I don't think I've ever had anyone "approve" one of my menus.  It's
> mostly "here's some money, cook a feast, and bring me the change and
> receipts when you're done".  And tongue is delicious.

Dat's right! What do these people think cooks are, domestic servants
or somethin'?

Seriously, though, I've sometimes been asked to find something that
I'm willing to cook and which meets certain criteria or needs for a
specific event, or a theme, etc. But I don't ever recall being told
by anyone what I can and can't cook. "Can you do game?" "Can you do a
War of the Roses feast from a Yorkist perspective?"

Anytime anybody gives me trouble I threaten to spend their feast
dollars on Tuna Helper. I've gone to the Betty Crocker website and
found the most frightening new flavor (last time it was something
like Cheesy Mexi-Tuna Enchilada) and done preliminary calculations
for 400 servings. That always does the trick.

Adamantius

brioche!" / "If there's no bread, you have to say, let them eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04