[Sca-cooks] Scotch Broth

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 1 17:30:32 PST 2007

Kiri commented:
<<< Yes...parsnips would be excellent in Scotch Broth.  If you have
to use the
rutabagas, try parboilling them with a little salt before putting
them in
the stew...that should draw out some of the bitterness.  >>>

Okay, what is "Scotch Broth"? I hope it's not the leftover water from
a Scotsman's weekly bath! :-)

What's in it besides parsnips/turnips/rutabagas? Some Scotch?

I've never seen Campbell's Scotch Broth here, even though Phlip says
it is available at her store. Perhaps it is a regional thing?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com