[Sca-cooks] Santa bring any cool cooking stuff?

rattkitten rattkitten at hughes.net
Tue Jan 2 18:41:04 PST 2007

Well I got a new grill to go with the new house, since I lost my old
grill in the divorce... Ok Not really we all kinda agreed that no one
wanted the damn thing.  But I do feel that I definitely got my moneys
worth out of that old grill, (lasted about 8 years, was rode hard and
put up wet, cover left off of it half the time, and moved around WAY to
much. Including being taken on the road inside a poorly loaded trailer
to be used in a field kitchen...).  This bad little gas grill had 2
burner jets, a side burner, and cup/can holder.  It cost us, I think,
(No shit) $70.00.  I feel that I got my $$$ out of it.
    So the new one has 3 burners, a side burner with 2 jets, a griddle
rack for the side burner, (let's hear it for Japanese steak house
veggies with my steaks...) I think a cup holder, and a COVER...
ooooohhhhh.   LOL
    Let's see I also got $60.00 worth of Ballentine Equipment Gift
Certificates.  (Restaurant equipment supplier that sells to the general
public as well.)  From there I had a mini shopping spree.  Got a long
handled extended flipper, long handle basting brush, 18" tongs, 2
aprons, a steak weight, (wanted 2 got 1), a plastic cutting board, (and
got rid of the monster wooden one I had!!! Yes I like WOOD, but until I
can make the trip and select my very own solid wood board, I'll stick
with the plastic ones) ((My old wooden one was delaminating the day it
was gifted to me and I constantly oiled it!!!!)) and some serving
spoons/general purpose spoons.
    Now we skipped down a few notches this year probably cause of last
year... when we blew the wad at the outlet stores in Tennessee.
But a brief report on one of those gifts... We bought a Ceramic Knife.
We loved it (still do as a matter of fact).  But I will warn you the
break very easy.  Luckily the company is pretty good about either fixing
the problem or replacing the blade.  (I just have to find the email so
that I can send the blade back.)  But rest assured I will most likely be
getting the larger knife for myself next year. ;)

    Got married!!! Woo hooo!!!  And built 1 and 1/2 tents.  (Still
working on the second one.)
Now we just have to get ready for the wedding ceremony that is for us...
in March.  Long story but eloping was easier... Now we can have the
wedding that we want with the folks we want there.... (Read our SCA
friends.) ;)

Welp thats my Ol' Saint Nick Report.

Nichola