[Sca-cooks] Cooking Help Please! I also have anwered the questions that where by request.

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jan 3 18:24:15 PST 2007

Joshua McCoy wrote:

>I will start of by answering the questions about my cook book.  To the question "Perhaps you could tell us a little more about this project?"  For right now it is just going to be a very personal project for me to learn at this point and if I do decide to have this published I will give credit where credit is do.  For question "Firstly, do you want period recipes or modern ones?"  Why would I ask in this e-blog with knowing what it is for help with some recipes?  Also yes I do want  period recipes.

OK, I, and probably most people on here have dozens, if not hundreds of
recipes.   If you want recipes for specific things , I might be able to
help you.  If you're interested in Medieval food and cooking in general,
I suggest you start with the Florilegium, or maybe a library.

>I do not like being fake or acting fake to people because it is like a lie to me for in which is a facade.

If you think being polite to people is "acting fake", you're going to
find it hard going on and off this list.

> No one likes to be treated like they are worthless and nor do I, so that is why I treat others how I want to be [treated]

Golly, thanks for the tip!

>The assumption maid by Terry Decker aka Bear he was correct in assumming that I do not know any thing about historical cooking.  That is part of the reasoning why I left every thing open open the way that I did.

Right.  Well, there's a lot more to it than hopping on a mailing list
and announcing that you NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!  and want recipes. And
people here did suggest general resources that are worth checking out.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?