[Sca-cooks] sauders/sandlewood

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 4 11:53:27 PST 2007

> Please note that yellow sandalwood is not safe for human  consumption.  Further, don't use sandalwood oil in cooking - it's
> likely to be yellow sandalwood oil, and the concentration of the
> hazardous compounds is much much higher.
>
> - Doc

I've been gifted with a bottle of sandalwood syrup from the middle
east.  I'm at work and the bottle is at home so I can't say right now
where it's from exactly - the donor brought it from Qatar.  I wonder
what the flavoring agent could be then?  It does smell lovely, like
sandalwood.  I might drizzle it over baklava but certainly won't use it
to drown my pancakes.

Selene