[Sca-cooks] Gum Arabic

TheBard3 thebard3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 18:40:05 PST 2007

It is the same stuff just not food grade.  From what I remember gum arabic
comes in three grades, industrial, food and pharmaceutical  grade.  The
first has do to with how clean it is and what's been added to effect it's
working properties..  The last two are pretty much the same.   If I remember
right the only change between pharmaceutical grade and food grade is the
color.

Hope this helps,
James

PS- And I guess I'm odd but I tend to not buy "artist's" gum arabic, I but
the food grade from a wholesaler and go from there.