[Sca-cooks] The Templars

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:52:59 PST 2007

I must say I fully agree with Lainie. I have myself doing a through
research about the Templars and it's very difficult to do withot
reading French and/or Latin, since the documents regarding the order's
trial and interrogation were carried out in French and in Latin.
The problem with the Templars is they have been exploited by Hollywood
and for writers as Brown and others, who take some of the most
sensational aspects of the order and made of them conspiratory
theories and dramatic tales.
This is really difficult today to look through the djungle of Templars
literature without fall in terms as "The arcane knowledge of the
Templars", "The treasure of the Templars", "The banning of the
Templars", "De Morlay's maldition", etc, etc.
Try to concentrate on the less known aspects of the Templars, how they
survived in Scotland and Portugal, who refused to obey the French and
the Pope's decrets. How they worked together with other groups in the
exile to try to save some of their knowledge.
How they worked together with Jews and Muslims in a real echumenic spirit.
Good luck.
Ana

On 1/25/07, Nick Sasso <grizly at mindspring.com> wrote:

> [...]

Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
12833 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci