[Sca-cooks] OTsleeves

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 26 18:39:00 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < < We ordered some 3 season jackets from this company for field work
and they sent us some catalogs.  In going thru one of the catalogs the items
below seemed to me to have some potential odd utility as arm protection in
SCA fencing.  Does anyone have any work experience with the fabric that they
are made out of when it is made into gloves or other garments?

Daniel

http://www.galeton.com/item_detail.asp?SKU=9019 > > > > > > >

It seems to look a lot like the cut resistant gloves we can get for
restaurant kitchen use.  They are amzingly simliar to knit gloves, but have
some steel thread included in the knit.  If they are, indeed, similar then
they won't have much in the way of padding or actual armor use apart from
resisting the cuts . . . . think of it like polyester maille.    Can't cut
it, but that rattan stick-ball bat will bludgeon you pretty well.

niccolo difrancesco