[Sca-cooks] Dill pickles

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:54:14 PST 2007

In looking at things my granddaughter could do for an arts and science comp
this summer, and she eating a dill pickle at the time, we thought that
pickles might be a fun project to do, as she could grow the cucumbers
herself, and put together the pickling and so on.  Since she does like dill
pickles I thought we could add growing her own herbs as well.

I tried looking at the flory-thing and saw some leads for cucumbers in
general (Looks like we're adding some mint to the list so we can try the
yogurt and mint cucumbers) but the link to picking was broken.

Anyone have some leads to the pickling?  I figure we'll need to be
purchasing seeds and such pretty soon to start our plants indoor, and wanted
to make sure that the cucumbers, dill and mint were the only plants we
needed to start.

thanks
alex