[Sca-cooks] spit jack

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jan 29 15:47:51 PST 2007

Jacks are complicated pieces of equipment.
Ivan Day has some information on his page as he restores
them for sale. http://www.historicfood.com/roast2.htm
I am not certain if there are actual working plans for building one
from scratch. I've never come across a set. Jacks have been
something that I have taken pictures of for a number of years.
If and when we build and I get my actual hearth room with a working
fireplace, I am going to
have a real working jack. I almost bought one last spring in anticipation
of this future fireplace, but I wasn't sure about getting it home.  I do
suspect that you want
a spit that will operate in front of a banked vertical fire for baumkuchen.

Johnnae