[Sca-cooks] Biersuppen

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 30 17:26:47 PST 2007

> The beer snob solution:  German beer using pre-1600 recipe and procedures.
> The sensible, frugal answer is:  whatever beer you have.  Nasty light
> American beer is a much better cooking fluid than it is a beverage.

Well, I just made it to use up some Maibock we had in the drinks
cupboard. About 2 tbsp of sugar, 2 bottles of beer, 1 tbsp Splenda (I
was in a hurry and the Splenda was to hand), one whole egg (accident)
and an egg yolk. Also some saffron, and about 1/8 lb of butter.

The egg white did curdle in the end, but when I have some beer we
actually like a lot we'll try it again and use only the egg yolks. I
need to have some beer-loving friends around to finish it for me.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net