[Sca-cooks] Silent auction to benefit American Cancer Society's Relay for Life

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 20:46:27 PST 2007

Friends,
I have just posted the following announcement to folks in Atlantia, and it
occurred to me that, as the meal will be served at Pennsic, you folks might
be interested as well.  So here goes:

We are opening bidding for a period dinner for 4, to be served at Pennsic
this August in the encampment of the Barony of Dun Carraig. The winning
bidder can choose from one of 3 cuisines: Renaissance English, Renaissance
Mediterranean (Italian, Catalan, Neapolitan) or Middle Eastern. The dinner
will consist of multiple courses and will include a minimum of 3
meat/fish/chicken dishes. We will work with the winning bidder to make sure
that the menu is agreeable and has no ingredients that the winner is
allergic to.

The auction of this exquisite meal will benefit the Calvert County, MD Relay
for Life, the signature event of the American Cancer Society. Money raised
will be used by the ACS to fund research, education and support for cancer
patients and their families. The ACS is very proud to have provided research
funding for 40 researchers who have gone on to win the Nobel prize,
including two this past year. 100% of the amount bid will go to the Relay
event.

Bidding will open immediately, and the minimum bid is $60. The bidding will
continue until the upcoming Dun Carraig event, A Day in the Middle East
(February 17, 2007...event flyer at http://www.duncarraig.net/, at which
event the bidding will stay open until one-half hour prior to evening Court.
The winner will be announced during Court. Bids will be taken in the order
received. Please DO NOT reply to this message, but send your bids to
ekoogler1 at comcast dot net. I will respond to bids received letting you
know if you have the current high bid.

I hope each of you will consider bidding for this dinner. We have done this
in the past, and the diners walked away from the meal well-satisfied. Folks
from the Kingdom have been very generous in the past, and we hope you will
continue this tradition.

Thanks!

Minowara Kiritsubo, OL, OP
   Barony of Dun Carraig

PS: Because all of the money is going to the American Cancer Society,
whatever you bid is tax deductible!