[Sca-cooks] Burger battle

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 20 21:22:00 PST 2007

Susan mentioned:
<<< According to Benavides-Barajas the recipe for hamburger
originated in
Persia and was brought to Al-Andalus by the Arabs. It was a popular dish
in the Alhambra flavored with onion and honey and decorated with chopped
walnuts or apple and served with honey.  >>>

Oh my! That sounds almost as unusual as those Aussie burgers we
discussed here before with the beetroot and other stuff on them. :-)

Who is "Benavides-Barajas"? I don't think I remember his works being
discussed here before.

Stefan
(Nothing on this list all day, and then 3 digests this evening.
Everybody just got home after events or whatever and the jumped on
their computers?)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com