[Sca-cooks] Burger battle

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 21 06:23:01 PST 2007

I think this is probably Luis Benavides-Barajas.  The name popped up on the
list five or six years ago in a bibliography from a book on Spanish culinary
traditions (IIRC).  According to my notes, he's a noted culinary author in
Spanish with at least 15 books to his credit.  Again IIRC, I've read one
small modern piece by him translated into English and found the prose a
little florid.

Since I haven't read his work, I can't begin to address it's accuracy.  A
quick search on his name in relation to the Florilegium shows that Huette
raised a question about the historical accuracy of his recipe for alfajores.

Bear