[Sca-cooks] OTsleeves

Karin Burgess avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sat Jan 27 10:53:49 PST 2007

Welll, they cover an area that doesn't require that much protection (at least here in Caid)  Also kevlar is unsuitable due to it's tendancy to degrade in sunlight (and contact with sweat some say)

  1 type of fabic that is good is Spectra, similiar to kevlar but doesn't degrade.  That is what I use.

  But thanks for looking out for us fencers :)

  -Muiriath

Daniel Phelps <phelpsd at gate.net> wrote:

We ordered some 3 season jackets from this company for field work and they sent us some catalogs. In going thru one of the catalogs the items below seemed to me to have some potential odd utility as arm protection in SCA fencing. Does anyone have any work experience with the fabric that they are made out of when it is made into gloves or other garments?

Daniel

http://www.galeton.com/item_detail.asp?SKU=9019

http://www.galeton.com/search_results.asp?searchtext=9018&I2.x=18&I2.y=3