[Sca-cooks] Horrid puns

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 6 08:27:47 PST 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 8:47 AM, Volker Bach wrote:

> Am Samstag, 6. Januar 2007 17:04 schrieb Pat Griffin:
>> Ow! That hurts!
>>

> I dunno. I rather liked it. But then, I also like the Mendelssohn
> on the
> bridge story.
>
> Giano

See, now, this is food-related.

So, Moe Ginsberg the tailor retires, sells his shop and decides to go
on a Mediterranean cruise. Since he's travelling alone, he is seated
opposite a stranger at dinner. When the soup is served, the other
gentleman rises, bows, and says, "Bon apetit!"

Ginsberg rises, bows, and says, "Ginsberg."

Next day, same thing. The Frenchman rises at the beginning of the
meal, says, "Bon apetit!", and Ginsberg says, "Ginsberg."

A week passes. Finally, overcome with curiosity, Ginsberg asks a
passing steward for an explanation for all this. The steward explains
that "Bon apetit" is a pleasant, polite salute and expression of the
desire that one's companion enjoy his meal.

That night, when the soup is served, Ginsberg rises, bows, and says,
"Bon apetit!"

The Frenchman rises, bows, clicks his heels and says, "Ginsberg!"

Jeez, is that the time? I have so much to do today, I really must be
going!

Adamantius