[Sca-cooks] The G'rilla in the Room

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sun Jan 14 16:57:20 PST 2007

At 03:49 PM 1/14/2007,Lilinah said something like:
>I get the weekly "Yahoo Picks" e-mail and often they're quite
>interesting. Here's one mentioned in this week's post that seemed apt
>for folks on this list. Yeah, yeah, it's not SCA-period, but... wow!
>
>http://www.neatorama.com/2006/06/08/top-10-coolest-bbq-grills/
>
>And, there are far more than a measly 10.
>
>--
>Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
>the persona formerly known as Anahita

AH HA. remember that wish I made for a reasonable water heating system to
use for cleanup at events?  And how Baron David in Calafia had a system
using charcoal chimneys and copper tubing?

Ok, there is a much more grand version of it on this link, the Red Neck
Pool Heater.
Baron David uses a charcoal chimney and bendable copper tubing, running a
coil down the charcoal chimney, with each end of the coil ending up in a 5
gallon bucket of water.

http://www.redneckpoolheater.com/

Is the link for the object this guy made. I'll have to talk this over with
Baron David later, and see if maybe we can't get an easily transportable
thingie like this.  More and more we simply can't afford to rent halls for
feasts or events, so we're using primitive sites.  If I had a -good- way to
do cleanup that's less baling wire and chewing gum I'd be more inclined to
cook at them. (Of course we still need to figure out the logistics hauling
all the baronial gear out there, then making sure its all clean enough to
haul back and put away).

Cheers,
Maggie MacD.