[Sca-Cooks] OOP: Sticky-Toffee Pudding

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jul 25 20:17:39 PDT 2007

You obviously missed Devra's post from last April
where she described our trip to the Leeds Symposium and Ivan Day's
as a culinary adventure to eat various versions of sticky toffee pudding.

She wrote on 4/23/2006
"I just got back from a 3 week trip to England, where I spent some
serious time testing various versions of sticky toffee pudding (grin). I tried 4
at different restaurants, all good, all different. One was a very dark rich
brown, one a light golden, one obviously had dates, while the others did not...
Does anyone have a favorite recipe they'd be willing to share for my testing?
     Devra (burp)

I spent a lot of time tracking down recipes upon our return and
e-mailing them to Alys, Devra, and Guillane.
One of the best I found was at
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/231668
I even ran across that Heinz apparently  sells it canned also.
http://www.britishdelights.com/cakes.htm
It's even microwaveable.
Somehow the idea of canned Heinz sticky toffee pudding is really OP.
Then of course we got started on seeking out the ice cream when it was
released last summer. That was another mad hunt.

Johnnae