[Sca-Cooks] Quality of the new T.I.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jul 30 08:18:42 PDT 2007

> There is another possibility that I think you are all missing-it is also possible that those Articles are ALL they ever get!
>
> I happen to know two of the past Editors in question. They were constantly requesting good articles, and seldom getting them. They begged, they pleaded, they conjoled-to be met with rather academic silence! One told me that outside of being the US President, being the editor of TI was one of the most thankless jobs out there! Constant complaints, very little positive feedback, articles are scarce....

I know them too. I've given them copies of my articles and asked if they
were interested in the subjects, and said I could rewrite them to spec
if they asked. I physically handed Omar articles. However, those
articles apparently needed more editorial response than, say, calling so
and so and saying "I need 5 pages on something" so... they fell off the
earth. Or perhaps it was because those articles had already been
published online that they got put aside. The editors didn't remember. I
think they did the best they could while also dealing with real life.

But commentary and notes in the Requirements for Authors on the new TI
make it clear that the Board no longer wants TI to be an outlet for
research, rather they are aiming for a competitor for Renaissance
Magazine. *shrug* Don't worry about finishing your research. Take a look
at the Requirements for Authors on the website and dash off something
light, frothy, with a factual core (and under 250 words, limit your
citations please) and send it in.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net