[Sca-cooks] cookbooks for diabetics

Lisa ladyemp at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 3 09:50:35 PDT 2007

Honestly, your best bet would be to talk to the individual themselves and
find out exactly what their needs and type of diabetes are.  If their
Diabetes is new to them, they may not be much help, but you can learn
together, but if they're type 1 juvenile onset, chances are they can give
you a lot of insight.

I have a friend who has type 1 juvenile onset, he's quite knowledgeable
about what he can and can't eat, and how to cook things that taste good that
have limited sugars, etc.  I will say that his diabetes is extremely
brittle, he can't miss an injection by 15 minutes without problems, missing
a meal by the same can also cause serious issues.  Talk to the diabetic
themselves, they can give you a lot of the information you will need.

Elizabeta