[Sca-cooks] mint water

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 13:59:00 PDT 2007

It was certainly used in 14th century England.  The following is from Forme
of Curye as shown on the Project Gutenburg site at www.gutenberg.org.

ERBOLATES [1]. XX.VIII. XII.

Take parsel, myntes [2], sauerey, & sauge, tansey, veruayn, clarry,
rewe, ditayn, fenel, southrenwode, hewe hem & grinde hem smale, medle
hem up with Ayrenn. do butter in a trape. & do þe fars þerto. & bake
it & messe it forth.

[1] Erbolat, i.e. Herbolade, a confection of herbs.
[2] myntes, mint.

Lady Anne du Bosc

Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Vert between four caldrons or a cross checky sable and argent