[Sca-cooks] cookbooks for diabetics

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jun 6 19:40:58 PDT 2007

>Who knows which cookbooks are the best for diabetics?

Go to your local library, look through the diabetes cookbooks and check out the most interesting.  Even better if you can reserve things online, since the best ones are likely to be in circulation.  If you are just borrowing them, it doesn't matter if they only have one or two recipes you use, or even if you drag home some that are useless.  If you find one you really like, you can buy a copy.

Different people have different tastes about what makes good food, but I tend to avoid cookbooks with substitutions, and focus on low fat meals with lots of veggies.

Btw, I reported here that I was trying the Reversing Diabetes diet.  It might be a good idea, but my life has been too complicated and I didnt follow it long.  I may try again another time.
Ranvaig