[Sca-cooks] New book on period Middle Eastern Cookery due out hopefully soon!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 21:09:48 PDT 2007

When I was on the Library of Congress, looking for something else of course, I stumbled on
to this entry:

Zaouali, Lilia, 1960-
 Medieval cuisine of the Islamic world : a concise history with 174 recipes / Lilia Zaouali ;
translated by M.B. DeBevoise ; foreword by Charles Perry.
Berkeley : University of California Press, 2007.
Projected Publication Date: 0709
 p. cm.
ISBN: 9780520247833 (cloth : alk. paper)
Notes: "Translated from both the original French version and the published Italian edition of the
book"--Pref. to the American edition. Includes bibliographical references and index.
Subjects:
Cookery, Arab.
Arabs--Food--History.
Cookery, Medieval.
Cookery, Islamic.

This sounds like a good book.  I just hope that it will be published before 2009.

Huette

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/