[Sca-cooks] Indian dinner at Pennsic?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 12:53:20 PDT 2007

Yeah!  Go for it!  I envy you your venison sources.  I would have made the recipe with venison
but it would have been too costly to have done so for a large feast.  The reason I chose this
recipe was precisely because it stated that it could be used with any kind of meat.  There are
several other samosa recipes in the Ni'matnama, but they were for specific meats with no provisos.
One day, I may try the goat one, but I suspect it won't taste too different from lamb or mutton.

Huette

--- Georgia Foster <jo_foster81 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Huette provided:
>
> Lamb Samosas:From the Sultan's Book of Delights (late fifteenth century) .. AND ...Another kind
> of Ghiyath Shahi's samosas: ... AND ... By the same method of any kind of meat that is desired,
> can be made.
>
> NOW
>
> as an indirect result of my modern job, I get several varieties of venison.  Elk, Deer,
> Antelope, and the occasional wildfowl.
>
> since I can not abide the taste of sheep-meat, I generally substitute antelope when making
> mutton-based dishes.  That being said, I simply MUST try the afore mentioned Lamb Samosas made
> instead with either Antelope or Deer meat.
>
> We will keep you posted on the results.
>
> Cheers
>
> Malkin
> Otherhill
> Artemisia

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/