[Sca-cooks] Medieval Chili

Vitaliano Vincenzi vitaliano at shanelambert.com
Tue Jun 19 09:06:44 PDT 2007

Ok, so I know this is probably a stretch, but for Poorman's Pennsic in
Northshield later this year I have volunteered to bring something for
their Friday Night Chili feed, but something tells me that Chili in the
traditional sense is NOT period - no big deal though. However, in my
search for something that might be close and in period, I found:

http://www.medievaldiet.com/page46.html

Now, I have done some research on some of these ingredients, and have
some questions which I have posted on my blog if you are interested:

http://periodfood.blogspot.com/2007/06/period-chili.html

Although I am not really worried about making it Period as I don't think
it matters for this event, it would be fun if it WERE as close to period
as possible. :)

--
Lord Vitaliano Vincenzi
aka Shane Lambert