[Sca-cooks] Medieval Chili

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:19:27 PDT 2007

>Although I am not really worried about making it Period as I don't think
>it matters for this event, it would be fun if it WERE as close to period
>as possible. :)

Here is what I replied in your blog:

There is practically nothing in that recipe that is period. I would suggest
you chunk beef or pork into small cubes. Brown meat and then remove.
Make benes y fryed:
Ingredients
split fava beans
beef stock
onions, finely chopped
garlic clove

Simmer beans in stock for about and hour or until nearly soft.
Fry onion and garlic and add and simmer for another 20-30 minutes until
beans are really soft. Serve with Poudre Douce.

I'd add the meat with the onion and garlic and change to Poudre Forte.

Gunthar