[Sca-cooks] Live Birds in Halls was Camp Ovens

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Wed Jun 20 18:47:44 PDT 2007

Was written:

 If I went the live bird route, I would make  some kind of net
under the pie top, so the birds don't actually fly away, I was  kind of
thinking
a lattice pie top under a solid pie lid.  Messy birds  inside a hall, not a
good thing.

A cautionary tale regarding live birds in the hall.  I recall hearing that
there was a political convention held in the "Cow Palace" many years back.
The backers of "the peace" candidate released white doves in the hall.  The
birds flew up, around and then straight into some very large fans.  Very
messy... very messy indeed.

Daniel