[Sca-cooks] cookbooks for diabetics

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 04:53:54 PDT 2007

 It also depends on what kind of diabetic this person is....how severe it
is, etc.  If this is a young person, it's probably type 1, which could be
either hypo-glycemic or the reverse...and how one eats to help control it
depends on which kind they have.

I just follow the South Beach diet concepts...mostly I've modified recipes I
already used, but have found a few designed specifically for diabetics.
I've found that cutting out sugar and sugar-type things (honey, molasses,
etc.) works well, as does avoiding white carbs...white bread, white rice,
pasta made with semolina flour, etc....along with several fruits/veggies
that are high in carbs, like corn, pineapple and banannas.  I also have
found that I have to limit quantities...if I overeat, even of the good
stuff, my sugar levels go up.  But South Beach (whch is now online as well
as in books..www.southbeachdiet.com.

Hi, I'm Elaine and I have been a diabetic for two years....

Kiri