[Sca-cooks] Beverage Service at Feasts

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 29 21:27:30 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
If you use bottles, I'd suggest making sure that they can be easily
refilled.  One of the feasts that I helped with a few years back had
decorated
glass bottles of varying sizes. Some refilled easily; others didn't fit
under the
faucets or filled very slowly due to narrow necks. Pretty but impractical
for a long feast
with a number of tables.  > > > >

An appropriate fitting (or the aforementioned faucet) with a nipple on it,
to which is attached some nylon tubing with a clamo . . . you are in
business regardless of bottle size.  Drop tube into bottle, and fill.
Remove tube to got to next bottle.  Long tube gives you some flexibility to
move to tables and other distances.  Put a Y fitting, and you can have water
at faucet as well as to the tubing.  I did this for brewing for several
years, and loved the performance of the really simple and inexpensive tool.

niccolo difrancesco