[Sca-cooks] Seige Cooking at the War

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jun 11 11:17:37 PDT 2007

For those with time at Pennsic:

Respected friends:
I am again hosting a Siege cooking contest at my shop,
Maison Rive, at Pennsic this year. (I'm Gluten-Casein
intolerant. This is really my annual Sneaky Trick to
get period food that won't kill me.) The rules are the
same as in previous years. Contestants are given
somewhere between six and ten foods, in meal-sized
amounts. Each may choose up to four period spices
after getting the foods. _Nothing_ else may be added
except salt and water.
I usually start asking for entrants earlier in the
year; I'm sorry for the delay. Please help me get this
posted to cook's lists and other suitable places.
This is a great chance for your apprentices to show off!

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alisond de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That
Pict

If you have questions contact her directly at
Honour Horne-Jaruk <jarukcomp at sbcglobal.net>