[Sca-cooks] Cooking Symposium

Debra Hense/Kateryn de Develyn nickiandme at att.net
Mon Mar 5 17:51:22 PST 2007

The Calontir Cook's Guild is sponsoring a cooking symposium on April 27/28 and 29th, 2007
Sponsored by the Barony of Forgotten Sea, Hosted by the Shire of Lost Moor

Join us in a symposium dedicated to period cooking, period cooking techniques, period cooking texts, feast stewarding, and other medieval cooking topics.  There will be classes all day long, a key note speech over lunch, and show off your cooking skills furing the popluck dinner that evening.

Our key note speaker is Duke Cariadoc of the Bow.

Classes will begin at 9 am Saturday morning.

Site Fees:  Adults $9 and a dish for the potluck (or a donation for a meat dish).
Ages 8 thru 17 $7  and under 8 years of age - free.

Site fee includes a simple lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.

There are a few cabins available to rent for $10 (space for six people) or $3 for a single bed.
Please prepay all cabins to the event steward.  No prepaid reservation - no cabin.

Camping space is available at no additional charge.

Merchants are welcome.  We already have several merchants lined up:  Bad Hare Pottery (run by Mistress Vasilla (former apprentice to Mistress Olga - whom you might know from Pennsic) with beautiful reproduction-like pots, ollas, pipkins etc.  Wolf & Tiger - for beautiful wooden tools, bowls, etc.  Hoge Iron and Anvil for all your outdoor fire cooking needs - grills, spits, tripods, s-hooks, etc.  We are currently working a book dealer or two also.

If you're interested in the current list of classes or in teaching at this symposium please contact our class coordinator.

Where:
Camp Marvin Hillyard
9501 SE Hillyard Rd
Easton MO 64443

Site Opens Friday at 6 pm, closes Sunday at 11 am.

Directions:
Take your best route to I-29.  Follow I-20 to St. Joseph Mo.  Take exit 44 toward the east.  There will be a Loves gas station at this exit.  This will be East 169 Hwy toward Gower Mo.  Camp Marvin Hillyard is on the North side of the road. Follow the signs to the campground.

Event Steward:
HL Gwen A'Brooke
Gretchen Allen John
Wombat_girl @ hotmail.com

Class Coordinator:
Ly Ishmala Hatun bint Johata
Donyll Countryman
donyllc @ stjoelive.com

Visit our website for the same details given above:  www.calontir.org/cooksguild

PS for our friends who might be flying in:  If you let us know far enough in advance, we can organize some rides/ride shares to/from site (approx 45 minutes from site).