[Sca-cooks] Sugar Waffles?

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Mar 13 07:57:04 PDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

> A friend mentioned a fair speciality from her part of the finger lakes
> region of NY, Sugar Waffles.
>> From her description, it's the waffles made with these irons:
> http://www.petkeep.com/Sugar_Waffle.html
>
> I keep thinking there's another name for these, and also that there's a
> period recipe similar to them -- could it be wafers?
>
> Any help would be appreciated...

Rosettes. There's a recipe in Welserin for them:

88 A molded and fried pastry

Take eight eggs and beat them well and pour them in a sieve and strain
them, put a little wine in with it, so that it goes through easily, the
chicken embryo remaining behind. Afterwards stir flour into it, until you
think that it is right. Do not make the batter too thick. Dip the mold in
with proper skill and let them fry, then it is well done. Salt the eggs
[13].

YIS,

Margaret FitzWilliam