[Sca-cooks] Camp cooking ideas

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Mar 25 07:00:59 PDT 2007

We tried making ice cream one year in the War, but we didn't have
the ice cream bowl sufficiently cold.  This is of course the problem
that they encountered in the Renaissance when working with ices.
It's all related to making things cold. See Elizabeth David's Harvest
of the Cold Months for the information. I'm afraid I've never purchased
the old fashioned ice cream maker that uses salt and ice.
There are dozens of sorbet recipes including beer sorbet at
http://www.hungrymonster.com/recipe/recipe-search.cfm?Course_vch=Sorbet&ttl=176

Johnnae