[Sca-cooks] peerage vigil spreads?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 1 09:23:19 PST 2007

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
> Hey everybunny, I got a question...
> In your area of the world, how common is it to have a
> buffet/munchies/foodzels for a peerage vigil?
> If you have 'em, what sort of food and how much do people usually
> provide?
> -- jadwiga

They have gotten to be the Dernier Cri events in the Caidan social set.
Stuff that the vigilante <g> likes, even though/if he doesn't actually
taste much of them, not unlike a wedding buffet in that regard. See if
you can get some of the friends and family to bring dishes, preferably
ones that won't stain the garb when dropped by a nervous person.  Finger
foods a plus, particularly if it's at an outdoor costumed event like a
war.  Cookies, crackers, bite sized breads with stuff on them, etc.
Drinks in smallish cups, all the better for portion control.  Hard
liquor is probably a bad idea.

"Welcome to the Conspiracy!" is my usual vigil advice.  The grand
conspiracy to make the SCA happen for everyone else.

Selene