[Sca-cooks] Sugar Waffles and fertilized chicken eggs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 26 21:00:03 PDT 2007

Ysabeau replied to me with:
<<< Hmmm... I would think that straining it out would prevent a
"clump" or
something . I've never really worried about it when I've found one
but it
isn't a big deal. The embryo isn't really recognizable - at least in the
cases I've come across. It is more like the white of an egg after it has
been cooked and has typically been very small. >>>

Oh! Okay. For some reason when I read the recipe I was imagining an
embryo the size of a small marble or some such.

Thanks for the first hand info, and especially to you too, Phlip. My
only experience with chickens was as a boy, trying to find a home for
a friend's Easter chick, which got too big and grew into a young
rooster. I had my Mom ask my great-uncle, who raised some chickens,
in the middle of Garland, TX, whether he could use it with his flock.
He said no, he had just chickens. I hadn't realized that chickens
would lay eggs without a rooster being involved, at that time.

Stefan
Obviously a city boy, but not the Big city.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com