[Sca-cooks] OT Question

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 00:45:33 PDT 2007

No, he wasn't period.  I was just being silly, because the title is similar to the one you wanted
a review of.  This book is interesting, the title is hysterically funny, but will not give you
period information at all.

Here is a decent summary of Mr. Crapper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

After thinking about it, I can recommend this book:

Wright, Lawrence, 1906-
Clean and decent : the history of the bath and loo and of sundry habits, fashions & accessories of
the toilet, principally in Great Britain, France & America / by Lawrence Wright.
Rev. ed. / with additional material by Dave Larder.
London ; Boston : Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1980.
x, 211 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
ISBN: 0710006470 (pbk.)

I have read this, but it was 20 years ago.  Lawrency Wright also wrote a book called "Warm and
Snug : the History of the Bed."

Huette

--- Daniel  Phelps <phelpsd at gate.net> wrote:

> Regards my question was written:
>
> No, but I have read this:
>
> Reyburn, Wallace.
>   Flushed with pride; the story of Thomas Crapper.
> Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall [1971, c1969]
>   95 p. illus. 18 cm.
> ISBN: 0133225607
>
> Yes I knew about that book but was not sure if Thomas Crapper was in period.
> As you have read it, was he?  Regards the that book could you give me a
> short summary and an opinion?
>
> Daniel

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/