[Sca-cooks] Camp cooking experiment a success

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:58:19 PDT 2007

I have been doing this for several years now.  For our Middle Eastern feast,
we cut the lamb roasts up into table-sized chunks, put the chunk along with
the marinade into a bag and sealed it.  With marinade, you need to make the
bags a little larger, otherwise drawing air out of the bag also pulls the
marinade out!!  But by doing this, the vacuum seal pulls the marinade into
the meat...the roasts were incredible!!

Kiri