[Sca-cooks] Hartmann von Aue: Tischzucht?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 01:25:09 PDT 2007

--- Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Salvete
>
> Just a brief question: Does anyone know of a useable English rendering of
> Hartmann von Aue's 'Tischzucht'? If not, I think I found a new project.
>
> Thanks
>
> Giano

Hi Giano!

Yes, I think that there is one book, published in 2001. [See below] I think that this
poem would be under the chapter on lyric poetry, because the subtitle states that this
is the complete works of Hartman von Aue.  I have never heard of him before, but now you
have me curious.

Huette

Hartmann, von Aue, 12th cent.
Arthurian romances, tales, and lyric poetry : the complete works of Hartmann von Aue / translated
with commentary by Frank Tobin, Kim Vivian, Richard H. Lawson.
University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, c2001.
xiii, 329 p. ; 25 cm.
ISBN: 027102111X (alk. paper)
0271021128 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Contents: The lament -- Lyric poetry -- Erec -- Gregorius -- Poor Heinrich -- Iwein.

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/