[Sca-cooks] Hartmann von Aue: Tischzucht?

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 24 01:20:51 PDT 2007

Am Samstag, 24. März 2007 09:25 schrieb Huette von Ahrens:

> Hi Giano!
>
> Yes, I think that there is one book, published in 2001. [See below] I think
> that this poem would be under the chapter on lyric poetry, because the
> subtitle states that this is the complete works of Hartman von Aue.  I have
> never heard of him before, but now you have me curious.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get this (though how they fit his entire works on
under 400 pages defeats me - very small print?). He is very much worth
reading, BTW. Even if the Tischzucht doesn't turn out to be in here (the
attribution is medieval and has been disputed). Some really interesting
storylines there, and he produced my favourite line of medieval verse

Ein riter so geleret was
Daz er in den bouchen las
Was darin geschriben stant

A knight was so well educated that he could read the things that were written
in books...

YIS

Giano