[Sca-cooks] Camp cooking ideas

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Mar 25 16:49:38 PDT 2007

The beer sorbet carries this warning--
Note: Since sugar and alcohol work as an antifreeze, if mixture is too
sweet or too alcoholy, it will not freeze properly.

The Vodka Berry sorbet doesn't carry such a warning.

We did a grenadine sorbet decades ago for the one queen who liked that
sort of thing.
It worked ok. The only problem was the usual feast running long before
it was served.
It was slushy when it was served.
Food Network has several sorbet recipes with alcohol. There's even a
Rose and Champagne
one-
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_14668,00.html?rsrc=search

Johnnae