[Sca-cooks] Friend going to Austin

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 27 21:36:19 PDT 2007

<<< If you can stand the wait and are willing to go to a chain,
Pappadeaux is
great.  They specialize in Creole and Cajun flavors and generally
have really
good fresh seafood.>>>

Yes, after Trulucks, which I've never been to, Pappadeaux would be my
choice.

> On 3/27/07, Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
>
>> Got a friend (non-SCA) heading down to Austin on business next week,
>> and is wanting some restaurant suggestions. She particularly likes
>> seafood, non-Red Lobster type. Any suggestions?

If your friend is looking for Austin-style restaurants, seafood would
not be my choice. If they are interested in something that is more
Austin, I would recommend some good Tex-Mex, of which their are
numerous good choices, and a few bad ones. Trudy's would be a good
choice. For something, er out of the ordinary, I'd choose Chuy's.
Hubcaps on the ceiling, Bits of Mexican/Austin oddities as
decoration. Definitely not a "serious", solemn restaurant.

For a very highly rated interior of Mexico cuisine, as opposed to Tex-
Mex, I would recommend Fonda San Miguel. Very good food and
apparently nationally known. Their Sunday brunch is fabulous, but
even my doctor-brother was a bit taken back by the price when we went
there for a family outing, not knowing how much it would be.   I
think the Sunday Brunch was about $24, but probably the best interior
Mexican food I've ever had.  http://www.fondasanmiguel.com/

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas