[Sca-cooks] shop locally

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 11:35:18 PDT 2007

Actually, ACE Hardware is a co-op.  (Which, in my opinion, is even better.)
Founded in 1924, Ace Hardware (Ace) is a 5,000-member cooperative of
independent hardware, home center, lumber and building materials retailers
with locations in over 70 countries. Ace has solidified its rank as the
number one hardware co-op with sales of more than $3 billion.
Christianna
eco-groovy - I like that :)

Ace Hardware is a franchise.  I understand the stores to be locally
owned.  Ace provides advertising, wholesale purchasing and other
services to aid the local
store owner in competing with the chains such as Lowe's.  True Value
is another such franchise.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir

snip