[Sca-cooks] Home cooked alternatives

Ysabeau lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:30:27 PDT 2007

That is what attracts me to the Super Suppers. You are preparing your
own meals based on your likes and dislikes. They have a menu that you
choose meals from and a station for each meal with all the prep work
done. You go in with a recipe card and create a meal based on your
likes and dislikes. If I want to add tomatoes and tomatoes are
available, I'm free to do that. If they say mushrooms and I don't like
mushrooms but want to toss in a handful of cilantro and it is there, I
can do that. The recipes they use are tested for taste and how well
they hold up to freezing and reheating.

The convenience is that they have everything cleaned, chopped, and
prepped for you. As a single mom trying to juggle Girl Scouts, SCA, my
personal dating life, my daughter's increasing social life, her
cheerleading schedule, school, work, etc., I often find myself with
about 45 minutes or less to prepare and eat a meal on a week night.
This usually means fast food. If I can do this and provide a healthy
meal that meets my personal tastes and my daughter will eat it, then
I'm all for it. This is much better than McD's any day of the week!

Don't get me wrong, I love to plan and cook and create special meals
but I don't have the time to do it during the week. I usually have to
reserve that to Sundays and special occasions, unfortunately.

What about the rest of ya'll? How often do you really dine vs eat? I'm
not trying to combative or start a fuss. I'm truly curious. I just
find that it is more of a treat than an everyday occurence and curious
I'm alone in that or if it is more common.

Ysabeau