[Sca-cooks] Wedding bread

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun May 13 19:12:41 PDT 2007

What do you want exactly?
Medieval recipes? References? Artworks? Which country?
Time period? Wedding customs? Folklore Associations?
Just curious? Food and the Rites of Passage
talks about "the wedding cake, which has slowly but surely evolved from
the giant flat discs of bride cake illustrated in the sensational
full-colour cover of a fête in Bermondsey by Hoefnagel in the
seventeenth century, to the many-tiered and icing-bedaubed monuments of
today."
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/lane/kal69/shop/pages/isbn17x.htm

The artwork is mentioned here
http://www.answers.com/topic/joris-hoefnagel